Saturday 27th February
Cost: £75 (including VAT), with refreshments
Group size: Minimum of 4 participants and a maximum of 10, depending on government guidelines
Venue: Art Safari Studio, The Harbourmasters Office, Ferry Quay, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP12 1BW
Places must be pre-booked on 01394 382235
Take the fear out of drawing on a fun one-day workshop. Pick up your pencils and learn how to tackle your sketches with bravado – inspiring tuition from Claudia Myatt.
Lack of drawing ability is one of the biggest obstacles to sketching from life or creating a good painting. But it’s a skill you can learn. Spend a day with techniques that will boost your confidence and your powers of observation so that you start seeing the world with an artist’s eye. Aimed at complete beginners, we will cover some really important basics including:
- reasons to draw – why it’s good for all of us, not just artists
- the versatile pencil – how to develop a vocabulary of mark making, using different types of pencil and related media
- the language of line and tone
- pens and other line drawing tools
- connecting hand and eye – basic techniques to develop observation
- different styles of drawing, reasons to draw, drawing as a relaxation and mindfulness techniques
These workshops take place in Art Safari’s riverside studio, where there is a wealth of material to be seen from the balcony and around the quayside.
There will be plenty of tea, coffee, water, fruit and biscuits available throughout the day. Lunch is an hour, please bring your own packed lunch or pop into one of the many cafes in Woodbridge.
To help you prepare we will send you a short list of suggested art materials to bring with you.
For more information call 01394 382235 or email email@example.com