Sunday 14th February
Cost: £75 (including VAT), with refreshments
Group size: Minimum of 4 participants and a maximum of 10, depending on government guidelines
Venue: Art Safari Studio, The Harbourmasters Office, Ferry Quay, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP12 1BW
Places must be pre-booked on 01394 382235
Take your watercolour techniques a step further…
Following on from Watercolour Basics, this workshop explores further the range of styles and techniques that show just how versatile this medium can be. Also suitable for those of you who’ve been painting for a while but feel a bit stuck and uninspired. Subjects we’ll cover include:
- Exploring colour intensity, from subtle pastels to full strength. Watercolours don’t have to be wishy washy!
- Keeping washes under control
- A look at different watercolour styles, and tips on how to find your own
- When to work fast and loose, when to work slowly and with care
- Creating texture
- Introducing mixed media – watercolour pencils, acrylics, anything goes!
- Painting light and shadows
This workshop take place in Art Safari’s riverside studio, where there is a wealth of material to be seen from the balcony and around the quayside.
There will be plenty of tea, coffee, water, fruit and biscuits available throughout the day. Lunch is an hour, please bring your own packed lunch or pop into one of the many cafes in Woodbridge.
To help you prepare we will send you a short list of suggested art materials to bring with you.
For more information call 01394 382235 or email email@example.com