Saturday 13th February
Cost: £75 (including VAT), with refreshments
Group size: Minimum of 4 participants and a maximum of 10, depending on government guidelines
Venue: Art Safari Studio, The Harbourmasters Office, Ferry Quay, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP12 1BW
Places must be pre-booked on 01394 382235
Improve your watercolour techniques in a fun and creative way…
Watercolours are a delight to use and incredibly versatile, but it’s easy to get discouraged when you first try them as they have a reputation for being difficult. All you need is a bit of help and encouragement!
Join Claudia Myatt for a one-day workshop full of enjoyable exercises and techniques to help you gain confidence. Subjects include:
- Trying out different materials – the importance of a good choice of paper
- Basic watercolour techniques – how to get colours to flow, when to work wet and when to work dry.
- Building up colours in layers, mixing on the paper as well as in the palette
- Colour mixing – how to stop your palette turning to sludge
- Whites and lights – planning your lightest areas
- Line and wash
This workshop take place in Art Safari’s riverside studio, where there is a wealth of material to be seen from the balcony and around the quayside.
There will be plenty of tea, coffee, water, fruit and biscuits available throughout the day. Lunch is an hour, please bring your own packed lunch or pop into one of the many cafes in Woodbridge.
To help you prepare we will send you a short list of suggested art materials to bring with you.
For more information call 01394 382235 or email email@example.com