This walk visits places of Christian Worship in Woodbridge, from Saxon foundation parish churches to non-conformist chapels.
Meet at 10:00 outside Woodbridge Railway Station, under the trees slightly to the right as you exit from the main building for registration for track and trace. Tours in groups of five with a guide from approximately 10:30.
Places visited include:
- Quay Chapel – Woodbridge’s oldest chapel. Built in 1688, Enid Blyton taught in the Sunday School in 1915/16.
- The Friends Meeting House – Built in 1678, the now private residence is a designated Quiet Place and the resting place of poet Bernard Barton.
- St Mary’s Church – The Domesday Book records in 1086 that there was a ‘Church with 19 acres valued at 2 shillings’. That church is St Mary’s, built in the perpendicular style.
For churches, there is wheelchair access to all. At St Mary’s a wheelchair will need to return through the way we enter and go uphill across Market Hill to Chapel Street.
This event will run in line with local & national government guidelines.